Monday 17 November 2014

Where’s YOUR Fire?


When I built my first website in 1995 on Geocities, it was about a subject I was passionate. Congenital heart defects. In a month, on average, the site had 8 visitors. I didn t care. Mine was a labor of love. A talent scout for About.com (then The Mining Company) found me, invited me to write for About.com s heart disease section, and I was soon making what seemed like a royal income for a post-grad in India. It was a similar story with blogging. Remarkably Purple Spots was born in June 2003. This is how I answered the question: Why this blog? Every day, several remarkable things cross my desk, my mind and my computer screen. Hilariously funny things. Shockingly outrageous ones. Wildly profitable stuff. Or just simply curious. I m tempted to write to you about them because I know you ll love it. But it s too much WORK. That s why you have Remarkably Purple Spots It was and still is a hodge-podge of things I find interesting. The blog has raised a lot in donations for congenital heart
http://moneypowerwisdom.com/blogging-for-influence-wheres-your-fire/

No comments:

Post a Comment